- Poornima Group of Colleges is a culturally diverse community of staff and students from 24 states and union territories of India.
- PGC strives to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behavior and activities; cultural differences are heard and explored.
- Cultural diversity enriches all aspects of academic & social life in the campus and encourages approaches to teaching and learning that are both innovative and relevant to an increasingly global academic environment.
- PGC has staff and students from different states, studying and speaking different languages and belong to different religions like Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Sikhism and Christianity.
- PGC provides a wide network for informal information exchange related to intercultural initiatives, programs and activities.
- Students also celebrate different religious festivals like Diwali, Holi, Id, Guruparv, Christmas, and Mahaveer Jayanti where they understand the traditions, faith and spirituality of a religion.
As Poornima Group of Colleges covers engineering as well as management disciplines, Inter-institutional interaction is visible in all its academic & non-academic activities, which are designed and executed under uniformly for Teaching Schemes, Faculty & Staff Training Program, Mid-term and Sessional Evaluation, Hostel Facilities, Transport Facilities, Libraries & Academic Resources, Mentorship program in hostels, Technical Projects and R&D activities, Poornima Alumni Association, Training & Placement Activities, Poornima Aarohan (The Annual Techno-Cultural fest) and Poornima Prayogam (The annual Project Exhibition)
Every Student at Poornima has to undergo a minimum program that is in addition to the syllabus prescribed by the affiliating university. This program is multi-dimensional learning experience and gives a student an edge over competitors. The programs give a varied experience and exposure to every student through following non-syllabus activities:
- Engineering Projects/ Models / Case Studies in every year.
- Seminar presentation in every year
- Local Industry visit in First Year of all programs
- Exposure through visit of at least 10 large-scale industries
- Improvement through presentation and discussion with school children at Prayogam.
- Regular Interaction with Alumnus about Industry.
- Participation in various technical fests at IIT’s, NIT’s and other reputed Institutions.
- Constant interaction with industry experts through seminars and webinars.
- Interaction with industrialists through entrepreneurship development cell.
- Participation in national and international conferences.
The Entrepreneurship Cell at Poornima is run to train students to convert their ideas, inventions and designs into reality in form of their own venture or for others. Developing entrepreneurial skills, choosing right people, developing business communication skills, understanding government rules & regulations and leveraging individual capabilities are crucial issues covered under EDC for which following activities are conducted as per calendar:
- Business Skills Development Program by Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises.
- National Entrepreneurship network (NEN) orientation program.
- Case study analysis
- Talks by entrepreneurs and businessman’s
- Activities for idea generation.
- Quiz and video presentations on Entrepreneurship.