2020 is a year like never before. Nobody expected a deadly pandemic to sweep through the world and make a lot of things difficult to happen. Students who were in the process of transitioning from school life to college life are now finding themselves in a rather tough spot because colleges seem like the last set of places to reopen after the lockdowns are lifted. However, amidst all of this, colleges are still accepting admission forms and enrolling students while teaching them online.
With that being said, there are a number of things that you must know before starting your tryst with your engineering education in the year 2020. So let’s discuss the important tips for students to follow while getting ready to join engineering in 2020.
Important Tips For Students of Engineering in 2020
- Online Education : Unless things begin to clear up, the norm will be of online education. Digital learning will take a seat over classroom learning until there is any assurance that the condition outside will be getting better in the coming days, weeks or even months. While almost 90% of the workforce of the entire world is working from home, you may even be studying from home for at least another few months.
- Looking Beyond The Syllabus : In a situation like this, the obvious stress may be about the studies. While you will be taking online classes, don’t forget that that’s not enough. Looking beyond the scope of the syllabus is important because that is when you can learn real-life examples and uses of what you just learned. You will also learn what is new in your field. Plus, this will also get you your deserved time off from the screen.
- Know Your Teachers and Mentors : There is no one better to guide you in your endeavours in an engineering college life than your teachers and mentors. Get to know them and understand what their teaching style is. Take advice from them and discuss your understanding of something with them. They are at the top of their field for a reason, and you can benefit greatly from their knowledge.
- Using Technology to Your Benefit : There are a number of ways that technology can save you a lot of hassle. While you are going to spend a lot of time online for your studies, you must remember that your tech is not just a medium of connection and entertainment hub, it is also a wonderful place to learn things from. Use the technology to your advantage by signing up for newsletters, online courses, and information hubs.
- Practice and Stay Curious : Practice makes you perfect, and curiosity keeps the thirst for knowledge alive. For every hour that you spend in your classroom, you need to spend about 2 to 3 hours practising your knowledge on your own in order to perfect it. Curiosity is the tool that you will require to keep finding better things to learn about in life.
Engineering in 2020 is not really going to turn out how people imagined it to be, but institutions are trying their best to make sure that students get the best of education and college experience, even during these tough times. Counted amongst the top engineering colleges in Jaipur , Poornima College of Engineering has now opened its doors for students to join one of the oldest and most prestigious colleges in the city. Apply online for admission or talk to one of our admissions counsellors today.