The purpose of the training & placement office is to define the overall structure & processes of Training, Placements and Outreach, and to structure the roles & responsibilities of the teams working in the office. The training & placement office of Poornima Group ensures that –
- Maximum number of students get on-campus placement.
- Deserving candidates can have the opportunity to start their career with their preferred company.
- The whole team work according to the defined processes to achieve the common objective.
Structure of Training & Placement Office :
Training & Placement Office (TPO) is headed by Chief Training and Placement Officer Ms. Dipti Lodha. TPO incorporates a team of 8 Branch Coordinators from Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Instrumentation Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology, Management, Entrepreneurship Development and Architecture & Design for preparation of students. Each institution has an Institutional training and placement coordinator under the flag of TPO to help the students regarding their queries.
Role & Responsibility of Training & Placement Office :
- TPO invites Companies/Industries for recruiting students through Campus Drives.
- TPO prepares the database of all final year students and shares the database to Companies/Industries as per their requirements & eligibility criteria along with a tentative, mutually convenient date for the campus interviews.
- TPO finalizes the suitable date of campus drive by interaction with Company Personnel.
- TPO organizes regular Classes/sessions for Soft Skills Development of students for better performance in Placements.
- Make all the arrangements of Venue & Resources for organizing campus drives.
- An active team consisting of Faculty and Students placement coordinators is formed for the effective execution.
- TPO doesn’t invite/approach any company for campus drive which involves any kind of financial conditions.
Eligibility conditions :
- Final year students are eligible to participate in the placement activities if He/She meets the requirements/eligibility criteria specified by the Company as well as TPO.
- Students who are interested in placements must participate in all technical and soft skill preparatory classes/sessions.
- TPO doesn’t allow the students to go for off campus drives of the companies which are supposed to come to Poornima Group for hiring.
- TPO doesn’t allow the students to pay any amount to any agency/mediator for placements.
Job Offers :
- TPO strictly follows the policy of “One student, One Job Offer” only. A student shall be allowed to go through the selection processes, based on specified criteria, till he/she secures a job offer.
- All placed students will be allowed to apply for one Dream Company only and if selected in Dream Company his/her previous offer will be withdrawn.
- Only those companies would be considered for Dream slot who are offering a package which is higher by one lac or more from the offered company or is a bigger or better brand.
- Students from streams like Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, ECE & EEE will be allowed to sit for campus drives of Core Companies/Non IT companies even if they have an offer from Software/IT Companies. For e.g. if a Mechanical Final Year student is selected in Infosys, still he/she will be permitted to participate in drives of Core Companies/Non IT companies. But once he/she gets a second offer from Core/Non IT Company then the student will be having one dream slot option only.
- After accepting a job offer, if any student decides to withdraw his/her acceptance any time during the year, he/she must inform the TPO immediately.
- After having accepted a job offer, if a student does not wish to join the company due to any reason, then the student is bound to inform the TPO and abide by the agreements/bonds they enter into with the company.
Student Code of Conduct :
- The students are informed about the Placement drives through a Notice issued by Training and Placement Office via email.If student wish to participate in that particular drive then he/she is required to give nomination by filling Google form before the deadline provided in the email. No request will be considered post the closing of Google Form.
- Schedule of placement drives is shared with all students before the day of drive. Any students with any query about the eligibility and process are required to report/discuss the same before the day of the placement drive. No issues will be addressed on the day of drive.
- Students must be in proper college dress code (Neat & Clean and well ironed college uniform clean shaved or well-groomed with a decent hair cut).
- Students have to keep their College I’d Card, updated resumes, 5 photographs & all educational certificates (Photostat) in hard copy and soft copy on the day of drive.
- Students have to keep a Valid Government Identification proof (which has photographs) such as Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Passport with them on the day of drive.
- In case of indiscipline by students at any stage of drive, Training and Placement Office is liable to disqualify students from that round and/ or from future placement drives.
- In no case students are recommended to connect with the HR team of Company/Industry directly. If necessary students have to loop in the Training and Placement Office in all conversation/mails with the company.
- Students must be prepared with all logistics as required to participate in placement drive. Information regarding the same is always shared via email prior to the drive. If a student is not able to attend the drive due to lack of logistics then the student will be responsible for consequences.
Debarment/Blacklisting grounds for students :
- Students may be debarred/ blacklisted from the placement if he/she is found involved in any indisciplinary activity or engaged in malpractices.
- Any eligible student who after giving nomination has not participated in 2 consecutive recruitment drives without prior information to the Training and Placement Office may lead to debarment/Blacklisting of students.
- Students giving wrong data/information to the Training and Placement Office will be debarred/blacklisted from the placement activities for the rest of the academic year.
- Students who are shortlisted for further rounds by a company, cannot just drop out or absent from the further selection rounds. A disciplinary action will be taken against such defaulter student/s.
- Any kind of misbehavior/complaints reported by the company officials/faculty/staff/volunteers will be taken seriously & those evolve will be debarred/blacklisted from future campus placements.
- TPO aims to provide placement assistance to all final year students. Placement is a privilege extended to the students but can’t be claimed as a matter of right.
- These guidelines are framed to ensure equality and fairness of opportunity to all the students. All students who opt for placement through the TPO shall abide by the prescribed guidelines.
- Any breach of rules specified above by any student, shall be taken up seriously by the TPO who in turn will view the matter and take action against the students.
- TPO reserves all rights to modify any or all of the above norms and/or stipulating additional norms for placement which, in its judgment and discretion are likely to benefit the students.
- While answering questions in the interview, students should observe decorum.
- Keeping the company’s convenience in the view, selection processes may take place in any city/town in the states. The students may be required to travel and attend the same. TPO shall pass on the information received from the organization to the concerned students. The students are expected to make their own travel arrangements and bear the cost of attending such drives.
- In case of any clarification in the above matter department/faculty/student may e-mail the query to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of any clarification in above matter department/faculty/student may e-mail the query to respective Institutional training and placement coordinator.