The college admission season is now in its full swing which means students across the country will be queuing up for entries in their favorite colleges. As the competition is growing each year, colleges focus more than just on numbers.
Today, colleges are looking forward to building a vibrant student community. A greater impetus is on students that can contribute towards in-house activities, national level fests as well as educational events and seminars. Therefore, to make a mark and carve a path for yourself, you need to develop many aspects of your personality.
Let’s look at some of the factors that can help you in leaving a mark for yourself and securing a seat during admissions:
- Leadership: Colleges prefer students who enjoy responsibilities. An excellent way to showcase this is through your participation certificates of various cultural and non-academic activities during school. If you have been a house captain or if you have led your team at national level events and competitions, then your application is sure to carry considerable weight over others.
- Acceptance for Challenges: People who are daring and ready to face challenges, surely leave a mark on others and colleges are no different. They also look out for candidates with zest, vigor, and guts to take up challenges and turn them to possibilities. Colleges judge these parameters during the admission procedure.
- The Test Scores: Admission processes in most colleges is now based on national level tests like JEE Main, REAP etc. A good score in these tests not only guarantees admission in some of the best colleges but helps significantly when applying for scholarships, fee-waivers, etc.
- Extracurricular Activities: Extracurricular activities are essential for overall personality development. Therefore, ensure that you list all those activities that you are passionate about to add value to the application profile.
- Character: Last but not least, applicants with strong character traits like self-confidence, willingness to help others, discipline, motivation, and ability to perform under pressure, etc. help students to stand out from the crowd. In fact, the curiosity gene, as well as the enthusiasm showcased by the student, makes a lot of difference. This is particularly effective in case of lateral entries where diploma holders have an opportunity to enroll for some of the best graduation programmes.
However, one must also keep in mind that the seats are limited and the competition is growing. More often than not, selections and rejections are separated by the whisker of a second. Some of the top engineering colleges in Jaipur (https://www.poornima.org/) run specialized preparation courses for college entrance tests. Additionally, parents must ensure that rejections must not impact the child’s confidence. There is no dearth of options, and one can get to some of the best colleges through reap 2019. So stay rooted and motivated.